Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Build a Rolling Bar Cart with Removable Tray



The rolling bar cart (or BBQ cart) with removable tray is the latest addition to my suite of DIY patio furniture. I followed the instructions from Ana White. Her site has become a bit of a building obsession with me. I pour over what projects she's made, as well as the brag post by others from all over the country. Ana really breaks the projects down to a buy list, cut list, step-by-step instructions, and even sketches. And even with the detailed instructions, I still found ways to make this project my own: I added a 3/4" dowel and plastic wheels, instead of wood rounds. I painted all the pieces with primer and exterior paint before assembling it, because it's hard to get paint between the slats, unless you have a spray painter. The white slat design of the bar cart, park bench and matching side tables goes with the white siding of the house for my own patio picnic.

Wood working kept my hands busy on vacation. I got very sweaty cutting all those pieces of wood, and the sawdust was sticking to my body. Then came all the painting, gluing and screwing. But, I got the bar cart done in time for a 4th of July cookout, and pushed my cart for a victory lap around the patio slab.

#GetBuilding2015 #AnaWhite #GetBuidingCaren #DIYHallofFame

1 comment:

  1. i love ana white as well you did a fine job im going to bookmark your page and check back every know and then :)

    ReplyDelete