Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Build a Modern Park Bench


I built this lovely, modern park bench from plans I found at Ana White. The only adjustment I made was to make the legs out of 4x4s. I like this plan because it's all straight, right angle cuts, a one day project, which I tackled by myself. I'm definitely getting more comfortable with the miter saw. The wood cost under $50. I plan to paint it with primer, then white exterior paint, both of which I have around the house. Stain would be beautiful, too. If I had to do it over again, I would paint all the pieces before assembling. And I wish I had a brad nailer; it would make attaching all the slats go much faster, and would have to fill as many screw holes.

The bench measures 72" wide, 31" tall and 27" deep. It's huge! William and Jersey tested the bench out, and found it very comfortable.

Tools: miter saw, electric drill, Kreg pocket hole jig, palm sander

#GetBuilding2015 #AnaWhite #GetBuidingCaren #DIYHallofFame

No comments:

Post a Comment